Jeff Fuentes Gleghorn
The Taste of Madison is returning to Capitol Square Park for its 40 year anniversary on Labor Day weekend. The event is a two-day fundraiser with food, drink and music, raising over $60,000 each year for local nonprofits and charities. Presented by Starion Bank and organized by Madison Festivals, Taste of Madison is free to the public. It will feature over 75 food vendors with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage options and live music all day.
Important details for anyone who plans to attend:
- The event is Saturday, September 3rd from 2 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Sunday, September 4th from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Street parking with or without meters is available near Capitol Square, or you can use a parking ramp. Check real-time parking availability here.
- Food and beverage stands take cash, but request that you do not pay with bills larger than $50. ATMs are available all around Capitol Square.
- The money from food purchases stays with restaurants. The money from beverage sales covers the cost of Taste of Madison, and any leftover profits go to community grant programs managed by Madison Festivals.
- Tips left at beverage stands go to the non-profit group working the stand, so be sure to tip well!